Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mission: Posers

I'm not talking about people who think they're cooler than they are.
I'm talkin' girls who pose in front of the camera and make silly faces to make them seem "more attractive."
Well, I am now traveling with four of them.

We can't go anywhere without each girl taking her picture in front of every view possible, in every pose possible!

If you don't believe me, take a look in my photos from the British Isles.
I can't stand it.

The purpose of photography is to capture a moment in time.
A photo says a thousand words, but doesn't it say a thousand more when you actually capture the actions of the time.
I, personally, love finding photos of myself when I was captured in a moment of pure joy, or enthrallment.
When it's posed, it's not real. You look back at the photo and can't remember what you were thinking, or looking at. You only remember posing, and looking at the camera...maybe the location.

I like remembering how I was tossing bread at the seagulls, or what our inside joke was that day.
-not things you remember while puckering to a lens.

"Oh, look, a tree! Take a picture of me sitting in it!"

"Ooh, roses! Let me place myself in the center for a picture pose."

"Another castle! Let me stick my hip out, put my hand on my waist, and whip my hair around in a dramatic motion!"

Eww, ugly, ew!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I seem to remember a certain someone taking a lot of posed pictures with a certain macbook...

    ReplyDelete