Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mission: Perry Mason

Tonight I was at work, setting up some tapes (one was on Thailand, and I stopped to watch a little, since I wouldn't be working by the time it would air), when an old man called. He said
his name was brother Kay, and was trying to watch Perry Mason

"I'm getting a gray line with blue hazes, and the pixels, well, I don't know how many pixels there are supposed to be, but I have large squares."
He went on for a while like this, so I decided to stop him, telling him that Perry Mason is, and has been, perfectly clear.
He was very disappointed since Perry Mason is his favorite show.
Then, all of a sudden, the show came back on.
He told me that we would call again if it went back out, "I'm not supposed to have your number, but I'll call the operator again, and she'll tell it to me. Have a good night."

I hung up, and couldn't stop laughing for about two minutes.
I soon went back to the Thailand tape, but only finished setting it up by the time I get another call.
"Hello, this is brother Kay, again."

I silently laughed, but couldn't let him know.
My laughing only grew though once he started saying the same exact thing he did before. This time, though, I mentioned that it could be his TV.

He said that he had bunny ears, and that it could be that but unlikely (right). He finally gave up, and I apologized that he had to miss his favorite show. He thanked me again, and hung up. This time I only laughed for about 20 seconds.

I think this is one of the best things that has happened to me at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment