Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mission: Jeans

Why are jeans so difficult to find?

First you have to find one that actually fits; especially now-a-days with skinny jeans in the mix.
I can't wear skinny jeans. Not just because it would look horrible with my huge hips, but I can't even get the pants past my calves (they're just too muscular).

Then there are problems with fitting the butt and not being too small or large on the hips.
It also has to fit under the butt without creating awkward folds.

What about length?
I'm fat and short! it is so difficult to find jeans that are short and wide enough to fit my strange body.

If a miracle happens and the jeans actually fit, there is still the problem of looking good.
The coloring has to look just right in order to make you look smaller (or at least not larger) than you are.

And Acid Washed! Holes! Bleach Stains! Colored Stitching!
There is so much to take in!
What happened to plain jeans with no fancy pansy ugliness!

I just spent the last two weeks trying to find a pair of jeans and only found one yesterday.
After trying on about 30 pairs from 9 different stores, I finally found a pair. ONE PAIR.
So, next time I want to find a pair of jeans, I need to remember that my ratio in finding some would be 1/30.
I don't think I will be up for that anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment