Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mission: Kill Fly

As I was lying on the floor with my dog, Izzi, while watching Brian Regan when a GIANT fly starts buzzing around the television.
Both Izzi and I look up and watch every movement that fly made!

suddenly, both Izzi and I jump to our feet.
Then, as I go for the fly swatter in the kitchen, Izzi decides to slowly approach the fly, nose in the air.

When I return from the kitchen with the fly swatter, Izzi and I exchange a glance.
For a moment, we were of one mind.

We gave each other a slight nod, turned on our prey, and pounced like a fat man lunging for a doughnut.
For the next few minutes, Izzi and I swatted and snapped around the room trying to hunt down the fly, but to no avail.
We eventually gave up and returned to Brian Regan.

Only five minutes went by when the fly returned!
We sprang to our feet once more, and this time, I caught him on the wall almost instantly.
I showed Izzi the proof of our victory, and she decided to eat it!
Oh well! It was still a bonding moment between a girl and her father's dog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment